How to become a Furry: Step-by-step Guide
Are you interested in becoming a furry? The furry community is a welcoming and accepting place for individuals who are interested in anthropomorphic animals and the subculture that surrounds them. Whether you are an artist, a writer, or simply someone who loves animals with human-like qualities, there are many ways to get involved and become a part of the furry community. In this article, we will explore some steps you can take to become a furry and get involved in the community. If you feel drawn to this unique culture, we'll guide you through some simple steps to immerse yourself in the furry fandom. And don't stop here, make sure you check out the video above or continue reading for more detailed information to help you navigate your new exciting journey.
Step 1: Learn About the Furry Community
Before you decide to become a furry, it is important to learn about the community and what it entails. Here are a few things you should know:
- Furries are individuals who have a strong interest in anthropomorphic animals, often depicted in art, literature, and media. These animals typically have human-like qualities, such as the ability to speak and walk on two legs, and may also wear clothes.
- Furries may identify as a specific type of anthropomorphic animal, known as a "fursona," and may create and wear costumes or "fursuits" that reflect their fursona.
- The furry community is made up of individuals who share a common interest in anthropomorphic animals. Furries often interact with each other online, through social media and forums, and also attend conventions and meetups.
- Furry conventions are large events that bring together members of the furry community from all over the world. These conventions typically include a variety of activities, such as panel discussions, workshops, art shows, and costume contests.
- Furry dating is when furries connect with each other to date. If you want to date other furries, you can go to websites like furry dating. These websites are just for furries who want to date.
Step 2: Find Your Niche
Once you have a good understanding of the furry community, it's time to start exploring your interests and finding your niche. Here are some things to consider:
- What type of anthropomorphic animal do you identify with? Do you have a particular fursona in mind?
- What activities are you interested in? Do you enjoy creating art, writing stories, or designing costumes?
- Are you interested in attending conventions or participating in online communities?
Step 3: Connect With Other Furries
Now that you have a good understanding of the furry community and have identified your interests, it's time to start connecting with other furries. Here are some ways to do this:
- Join online communities and forums. There are many online communities and forums where furries can connect with each other and discuss their interests. Some popular options include Fur Affinity, Furry Amino, and FurryMUCK.
- Attend conventions and meetups. Furry conventions are a great way to meet other furries and participate in activities such as panel discussions, art shows, and costume contests. You can also attend local meetups, which are smaller gatherings of furries in your area.
- Join a furmeeting group. Furmeeting groups are small, local groups of furries who meet up on a regular basis to socialize and participate in activities.
Step 4: Create Your Fursona
If you are interested in creating a fursona, here are some things to consider:
- Choose a species. What type of anthropomorphic animal do you identify with? Consider factors such as appearance, personality, and abilities.
- Design your appearance. Think about the colors, patterns, and markings you want for your fursona. You can use online tools.
Step 5: Explore Furry Art and Media
One of the most popular aspects of the furry community is the art and media that is created by furries. Whether you are an artist yourself or just enjoy looking at furry art, there are many ways to explore this aspect of the community:
- Check out online art galleries. There are many online galleries that showcase artwork created by furries, such as Fur Affinity and Weasyl. You can browse through these galleries to see the different styles and subjects that furries are interested in.
- Attend art shows at conventions. Many conventions have art shows where furries can showcase and sell their artwork. This is a great way to see what other furries are creating and to support the community.
- Read furry literature. There are many books and comics that are created by furries and feature anthropomorphic animals. These works can range from lighthearted and fun to more serious and thought-provoking.
Step 6: Consider a Fursuit
Fursuits are costumes that are designed to represent a fursona. These costumes can be as simple as a head and tail, or as complex as a full-body suit with moving parts. If you are interested in creating or wearing a fursuit, here are a few things to consider:
- Choose a design. Think about the appearance of your fursona and how you want it to be represented in your fursuit. You can create your own design or hire a professional fursuit maker to create it for you.
- Determine your budget. Fursuits can range in price from a few hundred dollars to several thousand, depending on the complexity of the design and the materials used. Determine how much you are willing to spend before you start the process.
- Consider the maintenance. Fursuits require regular maintenance, such as cleaning and repairs, to keep them in good condition. Make sure you are prepared to care for your fursuit before you commit to getting one.
Step 7: Participate in the Furry Community
Now that you have learned about the furry community, found your niche, and connected with other furries, it's time to start participating in the community. Here are some ways you can get involved:
- Attend conventions and meetups. These events are a great way to meet other furries and participate in activities such as panel discussions, art shows, and costume contests.
- Join online communities and forums. Many furries interact with each other online through social media and forums. You can join these communities to discuss your interests, share artwork, and participate in discussions.
- Contribute to the community. Whether you are an artist, a writer, or simply someone who loves the furry community, there are many ways you can contribute. You can volunteer your time or skills at conventions, create artwork or literature to share with others, or simply be a supportive member of the community.
Becoming a furry is a fun and rewarding experience. By learning about the community, finding your niche, and participating in the community, you can become a part of this welcoming and accepting group of individuals who share a love of anthropomorphic animals.